Growing up and getting creative:
- Preschool is good for the three-year-old soul: Sometimes you have to nudge them out of the nest a little. (CityMama)
- My Kids Can Do It, Home Depot Can Help: I can’t wait! I want to become handy, too! (Daddy Forever)
- Artwork Thursday: Autumn Greetings: Nice Japanese influences–perhaps she has impressionist tendencies? (Clare’s Dad)
- That Mom: Confession, I’m already that mom. Oh, and a purple sun is WAY cool. (GGC)
- Hey, like I was saying… Hi!: The sparkle in the eyes–a psychological examination worthy of Rembrandt. (PJM)
Celebrating with carnivals AND prizes:
- Halloween Recipe Carnival (Mamanista)
- Winter Bazaar – October Edition (Scribbit)
- Cyber Baby Shower (5 Minutes for Mom)
And on a more serious note:
- Midlife Crisis: Introspection can be a very good thing…what matters is where you go from there. (Table4Five)
- Chew on This: What’s in the gum??? (CDG)
- Judgement Day Looms…Quick Take Cover: I hope they do the right thing. (ARM)
Christine at From Dates to Diapers was nice enough to pass along the “Nice Matters” award to Mama Luxe. I don’t think “nice” is strong enough to cut it–there are so many generous, warm, and open bloggers who we enjoy reading, including Christine.
So, we hereby pass this award to some of the sweetest bloggers we know: Liz at Mom-101 who is kind to bloggers just starting out, Michelle at Scribbit who takes the time to help build community, and Amy at Crunchy Domestic Goddess who is always sharing helpful information. I’m sticking with the female bloggers because the award looks all girly and stuff, but there are a bunch of kind Daddy Bloggers, too. There are a ton more female bloggers who would fit this award, including those who describe themselves as “mean” or “sarcastic” or “edgy”–they are all big softies when push comes to shove. In fact, I haven’t met any “not nice” bloggers in this parent blogging community…
And some shameless plug reminders:
- If you’ve got a great post you’d like us to read, please tell us about it!
- Our “Costume Contest” with a $50 gift certificate prize ends today right before midnight!!!
- You can still get FREE Dale and Thomas Popcorn (one of Oprah’s Favorite Things…read our review)! We just don’t want you to miss out on this.