Mamanista! » Contests, Potty Training, Pre-schoolers, Toddlers » A Boon for Pottying

A Boon for Pottying

Boon Potty BenchThe Boon Potty Bench is a top potty pick for good reason.

First, it is secure and stable.  The last thing you want is for your toddler to take a tumble and swear off potties.

Second, it is accessible and comfy. Because the potty is low to the ground with a gently curving wide seat, your child won’t have any trouble sitting on the bench and staying put.

Third, the bells and whistles actually make sense and are strong enough to withstand hurricane toddler.  There are storage compartments for “reading material,” toilet paper, and any potty stickers or other paraphernalia you need. The waste basin pulls out for easy cleaning for adults and older pre-schoolers, but it is a lot less tempting to young toddlers than the kind that just lifts up.  There’s also a deflector, too, for those of you with boys

And if that isn’t enough, with the lid shut (good practice for the real potty, too), it actually looks kind of stylish and even works as a step stool.

We’re just in the pre-potty training stage around here, but my little one is happy to sit on the Boon Potty Bench and is very excited to start using it.

It is as if Boon actually studied the way children learn to use the potty and talked to real parents before they designed the Potty Bench…what a concept!

WANT IT: The Boon Potty Bench is available directly from Boon ($35), from BabyCenter ($30 on sale), and Amazon ($30).

WIN IT: Boon is generously offering one of our readers a Boon Potty Bench (ARV $35). Shipping to the US only for this contest. Enter by 11:59 PM July 28 with a comment letting us know (1) Your favorite Boon Product besides the bench; (2) A Potty Training Tip or Question.

Filed under: Contests, Potty Training, Pre-schoolers, Toddlers · Tags: ,

227 Responses to "A Boon for Pottying"

1. Caryn Bailey says:

Love the trio animal bag.

I’ve heard not to push a child and let him/her sort of express interest and start from there. We’re not quite there yet but I’m looking forward to reading some of the above tips!

2. Dan says:

The frog pod. My only tip – have lots of patience.

3. Xenia says:

We have the Boon frog pod and my daughter likes to play with it in the tub and scoop up her toys in it. We haven’t started potty training yet but the advice that I’ve heard most is to be patient and to use rewards like candy or pennies!

4. Miranda Allen says:

The snack ball!!

5. Eryn says:

I got a frog pod for MY birthday lol I wanted to reclaim my bathtub for Mommy Time, but it takes so long to clean up the toys that it wasnt usually worth the hassle. My husband got me that, a bath pillow and some smelly-goods (technical term there lol). I think he’s a keeper. Anyway, my potty training tip is to not have an issue putting a potty in a room where your kid is often in. Seeing it there when he first gets the feeling that he has to go (as opposed to having to stop playing and go in the other room) might do the trick. Then of course you limit pottying to the bathroom later ;) This really helped with my son, when we realized he was waiting too long because he didn’t want to stop whatever he was doing.

6. Becca says:

We loved the Squirt when my daughter was a little younger. My question is: when are girls old enough, in the physical sense, to be potty trained?

7. Mary K O'Royt says:

cute!

8. Susanne Troop says:

The Frog Pod is cute!

Question…why is it harder to potty train girls then boys?

9. Lisa P says:

I love the Squirt spoon!

Potties all over the house really help.

10. Jim Cincinello says:

The animal bags are really neat!
    Boys seem to be more difficult to potty train than girls.

11. Marie N says:

Really like the Boon Otto Storage but have to admit I love the Frog Pod…somehow appeals to the kid in me I guess.

Tip: Don’t ran the faucet when training your child…they will learn to associate running faucets with going to the bathroom. Not a good idea…I know first hand…every time I do dishes I end up having to stop and go the bathroom because thats how my mom trained us.

12. Alison says:

I could sure use that great potty bench! My youngest just turned 18 months and we were looking at potty chairs at the store today! We no longer have the one from my older kids.

My other favorite Boon product is the Animal Bags! I will keep the Oval Animal Bag (or maybe one of the larger ones) in mind for my 7-year-old who has a huge and ever-growing stuffed animal collection. He’s been wanting a beanbag chair, so there’s a great way to give him a cushy beanbag-like chair while also helping with our constant stuffed animal storage problem!

My potty traing tips are to relax about it and let your child take his/her time with it…we liked to introduce the potty early but then not force it or push the child too hard. And also to offer rewards if it helps your child. We made potty charts for our older kids with a picture of a toy or small reward the child had chosen. After a certain number successful potty trips, the child would get the reward. It worked for both our older kids (at 2.5 years old each), with 3 or 4 charts total during the training process. We’d start with a reward they could earn quickly (like 10 potty trips) but by the end they’d need to go maybe 3 times as many times to get the reward. We also didn’t make any big deal of accidents!

13. Emilie says:

I love the frog pod for all our bath toys. Works great! My oldest son is 23 months and we haven’t started potty training yet but my mom told me that when we were little she had some very inexpensive “special” toys that we could only play with when we work on the potty. Worked great!

14. Shawn says:

I was going to say the flo water deflector until I saw all of the phtahlate, bpA, pvc-free eating utensil–Wow! I pick the fluid. And as for potty training, I used stickers as a reward for pottying in the chair. Thanks!

15. Terri B says:

I’ve had my eye on the Boon Flo for the bathtub. Thanks!

16. Janet says:

The snack ball!!The key to potty training is patience and the right timing.ty 4 a great and useful contest! we will be needing this right away for my grandson.he’s ready to potty train soon.:)

17. Patricia says:

I like the Boon snack ball…….would love the potty bench

18. […] Boon Potty Bench Review for Toilet Training Mamanista Posted by root 11 minutes ago (http://mamanista.com) Enter by 11 59 pm july 28 with a comment letting us know 1 your favorite i love their otto bag for stuffed animals the key to potty training is patience and timing he been wanting a beanbag chair so there a great way to give him a mamanista is powered by Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Boon Potty Bench Review for Toilet Training Mamanista […]

19. Ich liebe deinen kleinen Blog. Schreibe einfach weiter wie bisher.

20. There can be apparently a lot of money to identify that. I suppose you made sure nice factors in characteristics also.

21. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

22. I have realized that of all types of insurance, health care insurance is the most controversial because of the issue between the insurance policies company’s necessity to remain afloat and the client’s need to have insurance. Insurance companies’ commission rates on health and fitness plans are extremely low, hence some corporations struggle to make money. Thanks for the concepts you talk about through this site.

23. pregnanc says:

I would like to express appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this difficulty. Because of checking through the the web and getting suggestions which are not productive, I thought my entire life was over. Living without the strategies to the problems you have sorted out by way of the site is a serious case, and the ones that would have in a negative way affected my career if I had not encountered the blog. Your skills and kindness in touching almost everything was vital. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come across such a subject like this. It’s possible to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for your professional and results-oriented help. I will not think twice to propose your site to anyone who requires guidelines about this situation.

24. Funny Photos says:

FunnyWallPhotos-funny pictures and funny images from around the world. We serve you funny pictures everyday.

25. How To Make Money Fast…

[…]Fast money making strategies do exist online. They will not yield high reward, but they will yield a reward.[…]…

26. I like your post ! Thank you

27. kocaeli says:

If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.