Mamanista! » Charity, Contests, Crafts, Eco-Friendly, Hip Find, School Aged Children, Toys (Pre-School) » Color Your Own Rainbow

Color Your Own Rainbow

Calafant Cardboard ToysThe ultimate in customization (and super fun play) is to make your own toys. You don’t have to be an expert artisan to build and decorate a quality Calafant Cardboard Toys from Creative Toy Shop.

Calafant Cardboard Toys are a custom toy, imaginative craft, and enjoyable family project all in one.

These toys are easy to assemble. The cardboard is pre-cut so no glue or scissors necessary.  Small and medium sized toys come with non-toxic markers; large toys are best decorated with paints, not included.

Unlike most kids’ toys, at least half the fun is in putting the toy together.  Whether they are old enough to fit the pieces together or just want to draw and paint, kids will have a genuine sense of accomplishment and pride.

Once the toy is assembled, the possibilities are endless–our castle could house a wicked ruler, a kind fairy, or a damsel (or dude) in distress.  On the farm, we brought out our wooden chunky puzzle pieces and learned about caring for animals: slopping the pigs, brushing the horses, and shearing the sheep. Little ones love that they can take the animals in and out of the pen and even put the smaller ones in the stalls.

Cardboard Calaphant TreehouseLarge Calafant toys ($25) are perfect play sets for tiny dolls, like PLAYMOBIL, Schleich or Polly Pocket and your kid can even play in the CalaCastle! Small Calafant toys ($7) also make great party activities and favors–with race cars, dinosaurs, airplanes and more, you can match with your party theme.

And you’ll also know that you are making an earth-friendly choice by not adding more plastic to the landfill.

I love that the whole family can get involved building and decorating these toys. Older kids can assemble the cardboard toy with adult or teen help, younger school-aged children will have fun coloring in the printed outlines, and even toddlers can help color and add glitter and stickers.

These open-ended toys encourage creativity and exploration and bring the whole family together.

Want It: Purchase Calafant Toys from Creative Toy Shop. Use coupon code Mamanista for 10% off (expires Feb 28, 2009).

Win it: We have a Calafant Treehouse (ARV $25) for one lucky Mamanista reader. To enter, just leave a comment on this post by 11:59 PM EST, February 10, 2009, letting us know which Calafant toy is your favorite and how your family would play with the toy(Shipping for this contest to US States only, excludes Alaska and Hawaii)

Creative Toy Shop is also donating two cardboard farms to Bloggers Give. Find out more about Mamanista’s charitable contributions.

Filed under: Charity, Contests, Crafts, Eco-Friendly, Hip Find, School Aged Children, Toys (Pre-School) · Tags: , , , ,

127 Responses to "Color Your Own Rainbow"

1. John Deal says:

My soninlaw would love helping his daughter put together the DragonRock Castle.

2. Dan says:

I like the Palace. We would play with the toy by setting it up in our family room for the kids to use.

3. Kathy Conley says:

What a wonderful and fun concept in toys – great for kids of all ages to enjoy!

4. kathy pease says:

i love the Pirate Fortress $24.99

5. lisacna says:

I think my child would like locomotive,,he would have endless fun with this

6. dorothy l says:

the Rosegarden Palace would be perfect for may little one she could play out all her favorite stories con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

7. Melanie says:

The Pirate Ship is so cute!
    Little boys love pirates!

8. Vicki says:

Love the locomotive! Thanks!!

9. Janet says:

The Hacienda would be nice for my grandsons 2 play with:)

10. Angel says:

pirate ship for my son

11. Amanda says:

The treehouse. I live in a city without a lot of green space and I’d love for my child to have a treehouse (even if it’s just a play one) like I did as a girl!

12. Kelly says:

My daughters would love the cardboard castle. We would have so much fun coloring it together.

13. Candie L says:

I like the spaceship. Thank you.

14. lace says:

This toy would probably be my nieces favorite as they adore cardboard boxes of all kinds.

15. Caryn B says:

My son would love the Locomotive. He loves trains! We would play with it on his train table! (I know it’s cardboard but he would still do it)

16. Donna K says:

My kids would like it.

17. Lily Kwan says:

The treehouse looks fun! We would climb all over it.

18. Leah says:

The locomotive is magical! : )))

Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))

19. Angela Prater says:

We love the palace. My girls would play with their littlest pet shop animals – living in their castle. Angie

20. Related……

[…]just beneath, are numerous totally not related sites to ours, however, they are surely worth going over[…]……

21. Related……

22. far east movement fly like a g6…

[…]and that has them looking nervously at climate change[…]…

23. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

24. Thanks for another wonderful post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m at the look for such info.

25. seo toronto says:

Some genuinely great information, Gladiola I noticed this. “The true republic men, their rights and nothing more women, their rights and nothing less.” by Franklin P. Adams.

26. I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I’ll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

27. Rasfoiti noile cataloage si pliante alte magazinelor pentru a vedea online ofertele si reducerile incredibile.