The Emancipation Network (TEN) is an international organization dedicated to fighting human trafficking and modern day slavery. Through Made by Survivors, TEN provides survivors of slavery and people at risk of being trafficked into slavery with an opportunity for a sustainable income, education and help reintegrating into society.
- 27 million people around the world are estimated to be victims of slavery, for forced prostitution, labor, domestic work, and other forms of exploitation, with approximately 50% of victims being under the age of 18. (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
- Worldwide, at least 600,000 to 800,000 human beings are trafficked across international boarders each year. Of those, it is believed that more than 80 percent are women and girls… Source: George Bush, US Government
On Mother’s Day, let’s honor our moms by supporting women and children throughout the world as they regain a sense of dignity and hope.
When you purchase the beautiful gifts these survivors make, you are helping survivors of slavery help themselves.
Modern slavery is a complex problem and it requires a holistic reform of society. In the meantime, organizations like TEN are working to help survivors thrive again.
WIN IT: To spread the word, TEN and Mamanista are giving away a $35 Gift Certificate.
Required Entry: Visit Made by Survivors and tell us in a comment what you would buy with the $35 Gift Certificate.
- Write about modern human trafficking and its survivors on your blog or site and link to Made by Survivors. We really hope you’ll do this because bringing light to this issue is one of the ways we can help end slavery.
- If you do not have a website, please TELL TEN ABOUT TEN: e-mail or even talk to ten or more of your friends about this issue and include a link to or mention http://madebysurvivors.com.
- If you have a Twitter account, please spread the word about http://madebysurvivors.com and leave the status URL as a comment.
Just leave an additional comment for each additional entry, letting us know what you did to help spread the word. You are welcome to link to this post, too, but that is not required. We really want you to share Made by Survivors and its mission.
Contest ends May 8, 11:59 PM EST. Winner chosen at random.