May 26th, 2009 | 19 Comments
As I shared with you earlier this month, I am a Frigidaire Test Drive Mom, which means I will be receiving a suite of sweet kitchen appliances. Check out the My Motherload site to find out more about the “More Me Time” guarantee and find out how you can enter to win your own appliances!
Now, before these Frigidaire appliances arrive, I wanted to show you what my kitchen looks like now with my old appliances.
Remember, all of these video and images are from BEFORE the new, energy-efficient, time-saving Frigidaire appliances arrive. My OLD appliances are NOT Frigidaire.
First, there are some things I like about my kitchen and its current appliances:
- Kitchen is roomy with lots of windows
- Although cabinets are a bit old, I like the dark wood
- We (my father) put in a new tile floor to replace the 1970s linoleum
- Brand new refrigerator (the old one died a couple of months ago) with lots of convenient tilt out baskets and roll out shelves and external water pour
- Smooth cook top
- All stainless steel appliances
What I do not like is:
- The kitchen layout is awkward: there isn’t enough depth to comfortably fit everything in the “U shape”
- Due to the layout, counter and cabinet space are under-utilized–lots of “dead space”
- Push-button water pour on refrigerator is tough while balancing baby & toddler and no external ice chute
- There is an ugly, giant vent hood over the stove top
- Counter tops are laminate–so I won’t be at all disappointed if we need to replace them
And here is the “kicker”…most of these appliances are very inefficient. The clothes washer and dryer are very old and the loads are small and take a while to dry. The biggest culprit of all is the dishwasher. We’ve tried all of the cycles on this allegedly “energy efficient” dishwasher and it always takes about 90 minutes for a complete cycle–what a waste of time and energy!
Since some of the Frigidaire appliances are a little larger than my current ones, in addition to installing the new appliances we are going to be rearranging the kitchen layout (on our own sweat and dime). Join me on a video tour of my old kitchen and I’ll show you what we are doing:
As you can see, replacing my appliances will most likely save time, money, and energy. I’m looking forward to testing out Frigidaire’s “More Me Time” guarantee!
Written by Candace
Candace is the co-editor and co-founder of Mamanista. She is an educational consultant and writer.
Browse Our Reviews
Any factual claims, including but not limited to safety testing, are based on information from the manufacturer.
Mamanista.com receives sample products for testing. Paid placements, such as announcements of sales or sponsored contests are clearly marked.
© 2016 Mamanista!