The appliances (courtesy of Frigidaire) have started to arrive so let’s check them out! Is the new Frigidaire refrigerator super cool, or just lukewarm?
My old refrigerator wasn’t so old and had nice roll-out baskets but it was narrow and cramped and the water dispenser required two hands to operate.
The Frigidaire Refrigerator tackles all of these issues and adds a few neat features that were not even on my wish list.
Here are some of the helpful features I am enjoying:
- Plenty of space: Although this is a side-by-side refrigerator, the Frigidaire is wider and taller and makes excellent use of space with a lot of adjustable shelves. In fact, more but narrower shelves makes it easier to have “dedicated” shelves for particular types of items. This makes it easier for me to find what I need.
- Digital readout: You know exactly how cool your freezer and refrigerator are and can adjust with precision.
- Water and ice pour: I love being about to grab a glass of water with one hand, especially because my infant is usually on my hip. Crushed ice is also a great feature to have–no more need to crush in the blender. My only constructive input here is that the ice shoots out very fast and the water nozzle is tilted in such a way that I have to angle the glass just so. There may be a way to adjust this and I’m checking into it. Once I got used to it, however, it really is a huge convenience and saves energy by reducing how often I open the refrigerator and freezer.
- Adjustable shelving: This is key so that you maximize your space. The really neat feature is the removable condiment tray. I just pop it out and take it over to the table and then pop it back in.
- Chill and Crisper Drawers: I love that there is a drawer for my cheese or for meats that I can keep cooler if I wish (no need to turn the entire refrigerator temperature down) and that there is one crisper drawer for fruits and another for vegetables. The refrigerator even lets me know which setting is for fruit and which is for vegetables.
So, is the refrigerator saving me time?
Well, it is keeping my food supplies far more organized and, if you know me, that is a challenge. And the water and ice dispenser allows an easy one-handed pour. Overall, although I had a decent refrigerator before, the Frigidaire offers some superior options.