Mamanista! » Events, Featured » The World’s Largest Dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History

The World’s Largest Dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History

Worlds Largest Dinosaurs AMNH 2At the recent social media breakfast, I had a chance to check out the outstanding new exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History: The World’s Largest Dinosaurs. As a native New Yorker, the AMNH and its captivating exhibits of creatures large and small, local and exotic, extinct and current plays a large role in my childhood memories and I can tell it has already claimed a place for my kids.

Dinosaurs are a sure-fire hit with the younger crowd and when you want a huge impact, you can’t fail when you go big. The subject of the exhibit is how lifeforms of such large proportions function–from their organs, to their reproduction, to the volume of food they must consume every hour to sustain life.

The centerpiece is a reproduction of a Mamenchisaurus that appears to breathe as a projector and narrator illustrate and explain how something so large was able to survive.

The AMNH continues to lead the cutting edge of museum exhibits, installing highly interactive displays that kids cannot resist. Highlights for my young children included the “heart pumps” that demonstrate the extra effort it takes for a heart to circulate blood through a larger organism and the simulated fossil dig.

And the AMNH is embracing the new technology even as it explores prehistoric creatures in increasing depth. There are new smartphone apps and the Mamenchisaurus, who you can help name through an online poll, tweets with fans as @Giant_Dino.

If you find yourself in the New York area this summer, The World’s Largues Dinosaurs is a must-see at one of New York City’s favorite family-friendly museums.

Filed under: Events, Featured · Tags: ,

9 Responses to "The World’s Largest Dinosaurs at the American Museum of Natural History"

1. I am continuously looking online for ideas that can benefit me. Thank you!

2. Oscar Sickle says:

Very good written post. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including yours truly :). Keep up the good work – looking forward to more posts.

3. Georgeanna says:

I really enjoy this short article article. Truly getting excited about visit our website. Awesome.

4. Hector Fenny says:

An additional issue is that video games are usually serious in nature with the main focus on mastering rather than fun. Although, there’s an entertainment aspect to keep the kids engaged, each and every game is usually designed to work with a specific group of skills or curriculum, such as numbers or scientific research. Thanks for your posting.

5. Precle says:

I am impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I discovered a blog thats both educational and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. Im really happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

6. Omer Musilli says:

I believe this web site contains some really superb information for everyone :D. “Nothing surely is so disgraceful to society and to individuals as unmeaning wastefulness.” by Count Benjamin Thompson Rumford.

7. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

8. goggle says:

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you’re using? I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest site and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?

9. hi, your internet site is actually excellent. I truly do appreciate your give very good results