September 12th, 2011 | 16 Comments
As a newlywed, I didn’t care much about my washer and dryer. Oh…how things have changed. In my pre-kid days, I wore lots of dry-clean only clothing to work. I did two or three loads of wash a week: sheets, towels/whites, and our clothing. Now as the mom to two kids, I do at least one load a day because, as every mom knows, babies make a lot of laundry.
Babies dirty their clothing. They spit up or droll all over yours! It’s never-ending. One of my favorite pictures depicts my oldest as a newborn surrounded by piles of laundry. Those piles just keep getting bigger. Plus, my preschooler finds ingenious ways to stain his clothing on a daily basis, so I need to tackle grass, mud, finger paint and food stains regularly.
So you won’t be shocked to hear that I was incredibly excited to try the new Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer. The Whirlpool Duet high-efficiency front-loading washer and dryer look so high-tech and beautiful that I’m tempted to redecorate my ugly laundry room to make it worthy of the appliances.
My laundry room will have to wait though because I’m busy taking care of an infant, a preschooler and working full-time outside of the home. I’m a busy mama, so I appreciate the time-saving features and applications on the new Whirlpool Duet Washer.
- Automatic detergent dispenser: The Whirlpool Duet washing machine will automatically dispense the right amount of HE laundry detergent into the wash. Fill it once, and it will last for many loads. Since I don’t have to juggle a heavy bottle of detergent, I can now do laundry one-handed while holding my baby.
- Nap time quiet: The Whirlpool Duet washer is ultra-quiet. There are sound-absorbing materials on the front, sides and bottom of the washer cabinet. My older washer was so loud that I didn’t want to use it during naptime or at night after the kids were asleep.
- Enjoying the sound of silence: The Whirlpool Duet dryer is remarkable for what it doesn’t do– make noise. This is the quietest dryer I’ve ever seen. Normally, I can hear zippers and buttons hitting the dryer drum. The Duet has special insulation to reduce sound and vibration. I threw in some jeans and button-down shirts, but I didn’t hear any clinks and clangs….just beautiful glorious quiet!
- Less ironing : I don’t mind doing laundry, but I hate ironing with a passion. However, I often forget clothing in the washer or the dryer for long periods of time. This causes wrinkles and requires even more ironing. But the Duet washer has a special feature for people like me: Tumble Fresh. The Tumble Fresh feature periodically tumbles your clothing to keep wrinkles from setting, so it’s okay if you forget to immediately transfer your clothing to the dryer.
- Refresh your clothing: The Duet dryer has two features that are great for the mom who hates ironing: the enhanced touch-up steam cycle (relax wrinkles and dry clothing in 20 minutes) and the quick-refresh steam cycle (relax wrinkles and remove light odors in 15 minutes). The Quick-Refresh Steam Cycle is very handy when you forgot to wash something. I used it just today to refresh a blouse I needed to wear to a meeting. The blouse wasn’t dirty, but it had been worn. After the Quick-Refresh Steam Cycle, the blouse smelled fresh and was wrinkle free! I used the Enhanced Touch-Up Steam Cycle to release some wrinkles in my tablecloth prior to a dinner party. I still had to touch up the table cloth with an iron, but the steam cycle released about 80% of the wrinkles…leaving only the most stubborn wrinkles.
- No more guessing on stains because there’s an App for that: The Whirlpool Duet washer has built-in Stain Assist Apps and a built-in system for pre-treating stains. To my amazement, the Deep-Clean Steam Option removed grass stains from my son’s pants without any stain-stick or pre-treatment.
I’ve only used my Whirlpool Washer & Dryer for a few weeks, but I’m happy so far. I’ll be posting more updates here with tips for doing laundry and organizing your laundry room. I wrote this review while participating in a test-drive campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Whirlpool and received a complimentary Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer to facilitate my review.
Filed under: Appliances, Cleaning, Eco-Friendly, Featured, Gift Ideas, Home and Decorating · Tags: Appliances, Cleaning, Home and Decorating, home organization, Homekeeping, laundry, Whirlpool, Whirlpool Duet Dryer, Whirlpool Duet Washer, Whirlpool Moms
Browse Our Reviews
Any factual claims, including but not limited to safety testing, are based on information from the manufacturer.
Mamanista.com receives sample products for testing. Paid placements, such as announcements of sales or sponsored contests are clearly marked.
© 2016 Mamanista!