November 25th, 2013 | Add a Comment
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has officially kicked off its 10th Annual Thanks and Giving program and there are literally so many ways to get involved and contribute to their fundraising campaign. For 50 years, St. Jude Children’s Hospital has lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. The #ThanksandGiving holiday campaign has raised more than $387 million in research and treatment in the ongoing battle to end childhood cancer.
1. On social media #ThanksandGivingDay:
o Sign up at Thunderclap, a crowd speaking platform, to dedicate your social media properties to St. Jude. Must join before November 25. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/6542-give-to-help-them-live
o Watch Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker debut content on the St. Jude YouTube channel.
o Engage with Marlo Thomas when she joins Meredith Vieira for a Google Hangout on the LIVES with Meredith Vieira YouTube Channel at 1pm CST/2pm EST by sending your questions to @LIVESwMeredith
o Share St. Jude Thanks and Giving posts from the St. Jude Facebook page
o Use #ThanksandGiving hashtag to promote Marlo’s appearances and encourage readers to tune-in
o Follow campaign partners who will be participating in the day including DICK’S Sporting Goods, Kay Jewelers, Domino’s, GNC, Brooks Brothers, Dollar General, Carnival Cruise Lines and GameStop.
2. As a consumer:
- Adding a donation at registers during the checkout process while shopping at participating partners where you see the St. Jude logo. Visit stjude.org for a complete list of participating partners.
- Purchasing specialty merchandise at participating partners or at the St. Jude Gift Shop to benefit St. Jude. These include:
- Brooks Brothers – http://www.brooksbrothers.com/St.-Jude/Men-Featured-St-Jude,default,sc.html
- Pottery Barn – http://www.potterybarn.com/pages/stjude.html
- PB Teen – http://www.pbteen.com/products/mini-hangaround-phone-chair
- West Elm – http://www.westelm.com/shop/collaborations/st-jude/
- AnnTaylor http://www.anntaylor.com/search/searchResults.jsp?_DARGS=/ann/common/header.jsp
- Kay Jewelers and Jared Galleria of Jewelers – (products only available in store) http://www.kay.com/ContentView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=10101&cmsId=st__jude_children_s_research_hospital
- Home Goods – Winter Snow Globe (only available in store)
- Kmart – http://www.kmart.com/trim-a-home-reg-bear-holiday-ornament/p-009W005258715002P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
- Target – http://www.target.com/p/st-jude-holiday-bullseye-plush-dog-2013/-/A-14644748
- Donating online at stjude.org or calling 1-800-4STJUDE.
- Making a donation in memory or honor of a loved one and sending a special St. Jude Thanks and Giving tribute card. Tribute cards can be found on stjude.org.
- Participating in the St. Jude Give thanks. Walk.TM, the official kickoff event for the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign held on Saturday, Nov. 23 in 75 communities nationwide. Supporters join together for this family friendly 5K during the holidays as teams and individuals to help raise funds for the kids of St. Jude. National partner teams include New York and Company, Brooks Brothers and AutoTrader.com. Visit givethankswalk.org for a complete list of locations.
Written by Debbie
Debbie Bookstaber started Mamanista in 2007 with her friend Candace Lindemann. Debbie and Candace also are the co-founders of Bloganthropy.org, which empowers bloggers to become philanthropic leaders in their communities. Through their annual awards, Bloganthropy.org recognizes bloggers who effectively use social media for social good. Debbie lives in the Philadelphia suburbs with her husband and two young sons. She's an active volunteer in her community and a working mom. Debbie is a partner at Element Associates and the Social Media Director at Child's Play Communications. You can follow Debbie on Twitter @buzzmommy or meet her at a future blogging or tech conference, where she frequently speaks about social good efforts, SEO or affiliate marketing.
Filed under: Chanukah, Charity, Christmas, Seasonal, Socially Conscious, Thanksgiving · Tags: #ThanksandGiving, Charity, Social Good, St. Jude, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Thanks and Giving
Browse Our Reviews
Any factual claims, including but not limited to safety testing, are based on information from the manufacturer.
Mamanista.com receives sample products for testing. Paid placements, such as announcements of sales or sponsored contests are clearly marked.
© 2016 Mamanista!