If you haven’t been hit by a cold as of yet and got your flu shot for the season, you’re off to a good start, because cold and flu season has arrived and it’s not a merry sort of season!
Did you know that common colds can be caused by over 200 different viruses? The common cold is the leading cause of doctor visits, with over 100 million visits paid to the doctor each year. It also causes 22 million missed days from school, as well as 20 million lost work days in the United States Annually. But there are a few things you can do to lessen your chances of getting sick (or shorten the time you are sick) like following the 5 tips from Robitussin® below:
1. Carefully avoid contact with cold and flu sufferers.
2. Remember to frequently wash your hands.
3. Make sure to get plenty of rest both day and night to recharge and get better faster.
4. Drink lots of fluids, such as water and natural orange juice, throughout the day.
5. A non-prescription cough medicine with an expectorant and cough suppressant, such as certain Robitussin® products, will help keep mucus secretions easily expellable, while bringing a cough under greater control.
Join @ClassyMommy and @WhitneyMWS for the Robitussin® COUGHequences Twitter Party on Tuesday, Dec. 17th from 8PM-9Pm (EST) to discuss the best ways to stay healthy during cold and flu season and for a chance to win some great giveaways!
Visit www.coughequences.com to learn more!