It’s the time of year again, mamas. You start to hear those dreaded words: “I’m bored.” No matter how many times you remind them about their rooms full of toys and games or their shelves full of books, it seems all they want to do is stare at a screen.
Can you relate? We have put together a list of fun summer DIY activities to do with your kids and the best part is they won’t break the bank! Most of these materials can be purchased at the dollar store for good, cheap fun!
Ideas for DIY summer fun:
- Make Your Own Sponge Water Bombs – Water balloons are fun, but they are also time-consuming and leave little bits of latex all over your yard. Check out this reusable option that is as cheap as it is fun!
- Rainbow Bubble Snakes – These are easy to make and you most likely have all the materials you need lying around your house. All you need is an empty water bottle from your recycling, duct tape, a sock, dish soap and some food coloring.
- DIY Pool Noodle Race Track – This fun activity can be used year round and is great indoors, too!
- Paint Drip Flower Pots – These are fun to make and are great gifts when given with a plant potted in them!
- The Art Box – This is as simple as it sounds, but it can be magical! Fill a small box with art supplies – crayons, pencils, markers, stickers, glue, paper, scissors, pom-poms, etc. and pull it out to get those creative juices flowing!
- DIY Travel Chalk and Magnet Board – Sometimes things are just as simple (and creative) as painting a baking sheet with some chalkboard paint and adding some chalk and magnets! This is great for travelling, too.
- Water Obstacle Course – Need to beat the heat but can’t get to a pool? Try making your own water obstacle course in the backyard!
- Pool Noodle Water Wall – Young children are fascinated with pouring, and this simple and cheap DIY activity will keep kids busy all summer!
- Giant Dry Erase Mat – Keep the kids busy for hours with just a dollar store shower liner and some dry erase markers!
- Rainbow Fluffy Slime – Because what kid doesn’t love slime?
- Make Giant Bubbles – Giant bubbles that your kids can get inside of will be a huge hit this summer!
- Rainbow Sidewalk Chalk Paint – Earn some major cool mom points when you take chalk to a new level with this DIY recipe!
What activities will you be trying out this summer? Let us know!