Mamanista! » Bedtime, Colic, Momma Gotta Have, Registry Pick, Sleeping » End Colic and Help Baby Sleep: This Swaddling Blanket IS a Miracle

End Colic and Help Baby Sleep: This Swaddling Blanket IS a Miracle

Do not even consider purchasing a cheap imitator. The Miracle Blanket is the real deal.

Baby Diva earned her name between approximately weeks three through ten, during which time she did the colic thing. The kiddo would refuse to sleep anywhere but in my arms–and I had to be perpetually moving. As soon as I would stop rocking and walking, let alone attempt to put her down, the crying would start. Add to that a heart condition (now fixed–thank goodness), which required me to keep her calm, and I needed help!

A study by the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis supports the idea that babies sleep better when swaddled. Swaddling is one of Dr. Karp’s Tips in The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Baby Sleep Longer. Most cultures swaddle their babies up to six months and some even use the technique longer. Swaddling also helps prevents babies from rolling onto their tummies, and the AAP recommends babies sleep on their backs to aid in the prevention of SIDS.

Those cute little receiving blankets only held my big, active baby for a couple of weeks. Then I tried a succession of gimmicky blankets with various wings and Velcro patches. Those gave me another week before the Diva managed to pull a Houdini.

Just when I was about to tear out my hair and beg my mom to come back and live with me for another month or two, I found the Miracle Blanket.

These kind folks have perfected the swaddling blanket. The Miracle Blanket is just the right length for swaddling babies from birth up to at least six months. Celebrities have caught on, too: “People like Heath Ledger, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz, and Seattle Mariner J.J. Putz say it’s all about ‘the blanket.'”

The manufacturer is top notch as well. They have excellent customer service and they support our troops through Operation Special Delivery.

Amazing Miracle Blanket Company Amazing Miracle BlanketThe Miracle Blanket is a life saver (literally in my case) and I cannot say enough good things about this product and the company that makes it. If you are not a parent yet, you may think $30.90 seems pricey for a blanket, but just ask the parents of any newborn how much they would pay for a few extra hours of sleep. Trust Mama Luxe and do not waste a dime on the other swaddling blankets.

Currently on sale at Amazon.com for $30.90 and BabyCenter Store for $29.95 and worth every penny.

At Amazon.com, the blanket comes in a wide array of colors, including the traditional Periwinkle Blue and Pink, Sage, Miracle Blanket – Lavender with Beige Trim (Baby Diva’s Signature Color), and also Undyed Natural for those who wish to avoid dyes.

Filed under: Bedtime, Colic, Momma Gotta Have, Registry Pick, Sleeping

14 Responses to "End Colic and Help Baby Sleep: This Swaddling Blanket IS a Miracle"

1. Izzy says:

We were ALL ABOUT the swaddling with both of our babies. It made a huge difference in their ability to sleep well as infants. And Dr. Karp’s book was the biggest help out of all the baby books I’ve amassed. It should be required reading for all new parents.

2. mox says:

Totally LOOVE this blanket. It worked for us even though Max hated it at first.

3. ArkieRN says:

Sometimes instead of gas, colic can be caused by an infant not yet having developed the full natural intestinal flora that is need to promote digestion.

Ask the peditrician for natural bacterial flora. Be sure to refrigerate the medication between uses so the heat doesn’t kill the cultures.

4. colic treat says:

This is a really helpful little handbook to assist you overcome infant colic. Read it while your baby is comforted in the blanket.
    jennifer

5. Colic says:

100% agreed!! We used the miracle blanket for our son until he outgrew it around 5 months old (he was actually too big around 2 months old, but we still used it to swaddle his arms). These swaddlers are the BEST for colicky, fussy, or extremely active babies!

6. I am writing to make you know of the brilliant experience my cousin’s child gained visiting your web page. She came to find plenty of issues, which included what it’s like to possess an ideal teaching mood to get other folks smoothly fully grasp some multifaceted subject matter. You undoubtedly surpassed readers’ desires. Thank you for churning out the interesting, healthy, edifying and as well as easy thoughts on the topic to Jane.

7. Well I sincerely liked reading it. This subject provided by you is very constructive for good planning.

8. date a model says:

Well I really enjoyed reading it. This tip offered by you is very constructive for accurate planning.

9. I’m no longer certain the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I must spend some time learning more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent information I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

10. The follow/ unfollow method to get twitter followers was to much hustle for me so i decided to buy them. i found http://terrasell.net that sells 10,000 twitter followers with only $30, with no twitter password requirements and 24h delivery. I was happy with their service and i will recommand them to all my friends.

11. I pertained in this article in order to learn about something totally different than what I might. I love to absorb as much new data because possible, this is the greatest aspect in relation to your life. People contain a site also, click on the connect to come on by as well as watch exactly what we become accessing.

12. nike free run underpronation,basket nike air max bw pas chercasquette louis vuitton pas cher pochette louis vuitton homme vente privee louis vuitton

13. You have brought up a very superb points , regards for the post. “Wit is educated insolence.” by Aristotle.

14. Magaret says:

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours these days, yet I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the net will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.