A great baby shower favor should reflect the mama-to-be’s personality and be a treat guests will enjoy. Mama Luxe and Fairy Godmother, who hosted my baby shower, knew that LUSH bath products are one of my favorite things and that my taste in baby clothing is fairly traditional. Mama Luxe has sophisticated and hip taste in baby clothing, but I gravitate towards bunnies, bears and anything sweet-looking or old-fashioned.
Knowing my love of cutesy animals, Mama Luxe and Fairy Godmother chose a bunny-theme for my shower. To match the theme, Mama Luxe and Fairy Godmother created Boo-Boo Bunny Bunny Favors with Lush Bath Bombs just for me. The favors lent a sweet vibe to the shower decor and were a big hit with guests.
Here’s how to make Boo-Boo Bunny LUSH Bath Bomb Baby Shower Favors:
- Purchase one Lush Bath Bomb for each guest. Since I’m expecting a boy, they selected “Big Blue.” But you can find bath bombs at LUSH in pink, yellow, green, lavender or vanilla colors to match any shower theme. These bath bombs are all-natural, beautifully-scented and make taking a bath into a truly spa-worthy experience. (Prices start at $4.85 per bath bomb at LUSH.com.)
- Either purchase or make one Boo-Boo Bunny per guest. You can find Boo-Boo Bunnies online- here- for $2.50.
To make a Boo-Boo Bunny yourself:
- Purchase 1 wash cloth, 1 small rubber band, 2 wiggly eyes, 1 small (10mm) blue or pink pom-pom to use for a nose, 1 medium (1/4″ inch) white pom-pom to use for a tail, and coordinating ribbon for a bow.
- Next, start at one corner of the wash cloth and roll the cloth tightly towards the center. Then roll the opposite corner towards the center as well. Done properly, this will form two coils in the wash cloth. Fold the wash cloth in half with the coils (aka bunny ears) facing the outside.
- Take the ends (aka bunny ears) and fold upwards about 4 inches in from the tip of the ears. This fold will form the face of the bunny. Put the rubber band around the face– leaving about an inch for the ears.
- Next, glue on the wiggly eyes, the pom-pom nose and the pom-pom tail. Tie on the coordinating ribbon to cover the rubber band– making a bow in the front. (See picture)
- Use a color printer to make the favor tags on a sheet of business card paper. Mama Luxe wrote a poem (see below) just for my shower and printed it over a blue-toile background to match the shower invitations.
- Use a hole-punch to make a hole in the upper-left corner of the business card tag. For a softer-look, use a corner-rounder punch from the scrapbooking section of your local craft store to trim the corners of the business cards.
- Attach the tags to the bunny using ribbon or raffia.
- Stretch open the space between the bunny’s tail and head. Insert the bath bomb as pictured above.
- After the shower, guests can relax in the tub using the bath bomb or insert an ice-cube into the boo-boo bunny to soothe any ouchies or boo-boos.
Bath Bomb Baby Shower Poem:
To celebrate Baby-to-Be
Drop this “bomb” in your tub and watch it fizz.
Baby will arrive soon, and then, you see,
the only long bath time fun will be his.