Mamanista! » Back to School, Building Toys, Contests, Developmental Toys, Eco-Friendly, Fair Trade, Featured, Pre-schoolers, Puzzles, School Aged Children, Toddlers, Toys (Pre-School), Toys (School Age) » Play Smart – Three Clever Puzzles from PlanToys

Play Smart – Three Clever Puzzles from PlanToys

A kid’s work is play.  And toddlers and preschoolers learn primarily through exploring the world around them.  A few high quality toys, like the gorgeous sustainable, fair-trade toys available from Plan Toys, are enough to spark their imaginations. The tactile feel of real wood, the non-toxic, bright colors, and the open-ended nature of these toys make them perfect for flexible, young minds.

Plan Toys sent us three items from their catalog of Developmental Toys for Preschoolers and they have quickly become favorites in our house: Animal Domino Memory Game, 30-Piece Construction Set, and Stacking Tree.

animal_memo_sqMy personal top pick is the Animal Domino Memory Game, a perfect back-to-school brain booster.  You can use these tiles as a classic memory game, taking turns flipping the blocks.  The chunky, convex blocks are easy for little hands to grab and turn over.  This game helps build logical thinking as children try to remember where they last saw an image.

And the fun does not stop there.  Turn the blocks on their sides to practice balance, line them up, and knock them down like dominos.  We show them to my one year-old to teach him animals and colors. And if he decides to chew on one, it will not disintegrate in his mouth like a cardboard tile. With my three yearl-old, we discuss the essential characteristics of each of the stylized animals.  She also enjoys creating repeating patterns, an essential early childhood education task.

stacking_treeAnother great puzzle is the Stacking Tree. This is perfect for curious preschoolers because they can make up their own puzzles.

Stack the tree in size order or reverse size order or discover the concept of symetry with a tree that tapers at either end. However your child balances the rods, he is building hand-eye coordination.

Three year olds are also ready to recognize subtle variations of colors and sequence these in shade order.  Ask your child to compare the different greens to hues in nature–limes, grass, pine trees, emeralds, and more–and use the opportunity to introduce color vocabulary.  Talk about the diversity of the natural world and then get out and find some real trees.

constructionsetWe’re also excited about the 30-Piece Construction Set, a great first vehicle construction set. The little wooden screwdriver allows children ages three, up, to design almost any vehicle they can imagine.  If you have a younger baby around the house, just be careful with all of the small parts.

Children who enjoy building models will have fun trying to replicate the different pictured designs or creating their own.

Construction sets are perfect for advanced youngsters as they learn to create and resolve their own challenges. Encourage creative thinking by asking children to name their vehicle or build a vehicle to suit a specific “job.”

We love playing with these toys that will grow with our children and stretch their imaginations.  Unplugged, open-ended, and highly interactive, these Plan Toys make me and my husband want to join in the fun.

WANT IT: Purchase directly from Plan Toys or find the PlanToys Animal Domino, PlanToys 30 Construction Set, and PlanToys Stacking Tree on Amazon.

WIN IT – REQUIRED ENTRY: Check out PlanToys Developmental Toys for Preschoolers and tell us which toy (besides the three featured  here) your child would like most and why and you will be entered to win a set of the three toys from this review (ARV $90 TOTAL).

Additional Entries (leave a separate comment for each additional entry):

Contest ends August 24, 11:59 PM EST. US Shipping Only. Winner chosen with

Filed under: Back to School, Building Toys, Contests, Developmental Toys, Eco-Friendly, Fair Trade, Featured, Pre-schoolers, Puzzles, School Aged Children, Toddlers, Toys (Pre-School), Toys (School Age)

217 Responses to "Play Smart – Three Clever Puzzles from PlanToys"

1. Rosanne says:

The Parking Garage would work here

2. Rosanne says:

Fan of PlanToys on Facebook

3. Kelly F says:

My nephew would absolutely love the Shooting Ball toy. He would get such a kick out of it!

4. bronwyn says:

oooo i love everything… but especially the click clack tree!

5. bronwyn says:

fan on facebook

6. Kristine says:

My daughter would love the woodpecker walker because she loves pushing walkers, and loves animals. Great toys!

7. It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

8. futon bunk says:

There are some fascinating deadlines in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There may be some validity however I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

9. Thanks for your post. My partner and i have continually seen that most people are desperate to lose weight because they wish to show up slim in addition to looking attractive. However, they do not continually realize that there are more benefits for you to losing weight also. Doctors say that obese people suffer from a variety of health conditions that can be perfectely attributed to their own excess weight. Thankfully that people who definitely are overweight plus suffering from several diseases can help to eliminate the severity of their particular illnesses through losing weight. It is possible to see a steady but identifiable improvement in health whenever even a bit of a amount of weight loss is attained.

10. I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

11. It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

12. roi anders says:

Hi there! Wow! I love it! Many thanks to you for sharing these wonderful posts. In addition, the ideal travel as well as medical insurance approach can often reduce those issues that come with touring abroad.
    ?????????? ??????

13. I simply could not go away your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard info a person supply for your guests? Is gonna be again continuously in order to check up on new posts

14. Read was interesting, stay in touch…

Merely wanna state that this is very helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this. I think you have noted some very interesting points, thankyou for the post. I dugg some of you post as I thought they were very helpful very helpful As soon as I d…

15. I have observed that of all forms of insurance, medical care insurance is the most dubious because of the conflict between the insurance company’s duty to remain profitable and the client’s need to have insurance. Insurance companies’ profits on health and fitness plans have become low, therefore some firms struggle to generate income. Thanks for the strategies you write about through your blog.

16. 1PeJxrakcd says:

The Slave of the Husband

Looking for in advance to studying additional from you afterward!…

17. hamdi says:

Sitenizi çok be?endim, ba?ar?lar?n?z?n devam?n? dilerim.