Mamanista! » Books (0-3), Books (Pre-School), Featured, Kindergartners, Pre-schoolers, Toddlers » Press Here

Press Here

Press Here is a surprise blockbuster hit in our household.

My children are avid picture book readers and my eldest is starting to read independently. Although the text and concept of Press Here is spare and simple, it is one of the most engaging books I’ve seen for the under six crowd.

On each page, the reader is asked to perform a simple task, such as the “press here” of the title, tilting the book, or shaking the book. The results of each action are seen on the following page as the dots multiply, change color, move, or disappear.

This low-tech gimmick is surprisingly effective. Although my four year old knew that these were just illustrations, she enthusiastically followed each instruction. Both my four and two year old were giggling and bouncing up and down with excitement to see each next page. The final page was greeted with cries of “again!”

What a clever way to reinforce cause and effect, colors, numbers, and relative size, powered not by batteries but by a child’s rich imagination!

WANT IT: For more information, printables, and event and playdate ideas, check out the Press Here Website at Chronicle Books or purchase Press Here on Amazon ($9).

Check out this fun video to see the book in action:

Filed under: Books (0-3), Books (Pre-School), Featured, Kindergartners, Pre-schoolers, Toddlers

13 Responses to "Press Here"

1. I tend not to comment, however I looked at a great deal of responses here Press Here | Mamanista!. I do have a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind. Is it simply me or do some of the comments come across like they are coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting at additional sites, I would like to keep up with you. Could you post a list of all of your social networking sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

2. Wow, incredible blog structure! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The total glance of your website is magnificent, as well as the content material!

3. Floristeria says:

Gracias por dejarnos opinar y dejar nuestras comentarios en este espacio, he leido el articulo mediante el traductor y me ha parecido excelente. Muy buenas imagenes y contenido. Por favor, visita nuestra web de Floristeria referente a flores y plantas . Thanks and sorry for no post in your language!

4. Norene Ritts says:

I would like to show some gratitude to your article. Significantly thank you again. Wonderful.

5. I enjoyed reading your blog site post. Lots of crazy comments on this web-site Keep within the nice work. Desiring your future post.

6. linux pc says:

Appreciate it for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information. “Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.” by Redd Foxx.

7. SO TI RI says:

When you have made up your mind to begin a campaign in network promotion, you have to think of what form of compensation package you, along with the folks you will be working with, may get. It really is key to learn the compensation you need to expect prior to you enter into any agreement so that you do not squander your time and effort with an organization that has little to offer.

8. pawan says:

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Many thanks, However I am experiencing troubles with your RSS. I dont understand why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

9. ike says:

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this post and if I could I wish to counsel you few interesting issues or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles relating to this article. I wish to learn even more issues approximately it!

10. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

11. I found this post accidently while searching online. Thanks!

12. http://www.squidoo.com/kim-kardashian-blog says:

I have noticed that online degree is getting common because accomplishing your degree online has become a popular solution for many people. Quite a few people have definitely not had a possible opportunity to attend a regular college or university yet seek the raised earning potential and a better job that a Bachelor’s Degree affords. Still people might have a qualification in one course but would like to pursue some thing they now have an interest in.

13. Adam says: