I recently had the opportunity to work with Leap Frog on their new LeapReader Reading and Writing System. While I am not a teacher, I work really hard with my son on his homework, reading and math skills and try to engage his interests (whether its plants and gardening or race cars!). The LeapReader “Ready, Set, Read, Write” Party! seemed like a great way to get to know some of my son’s school friends and their parents.
Leap Frog sent us a giant party pack that contained two LeapReaders pre-loaded with LeapReader books and learning apps, LeapReader Books including Learn to Write Letters with the Mr.Pencil writing Workbook, Talking Words factory writing workbook and LeapFrog Disney-Pixar Monsters University 3D book and Monsters University 3D glasses, Get Ready for Kindergarten book, Talking Words factory flash cards, two LeapReader sampler books and lots of great information for parents and teachers regarding the new product.
Here’s a little more info on each individual product we received:
- LeapReader™– LeapReader engages kids in imaginative stories with lively character voices while building vocabulary skills and growing reading comprehension skills. Interactive handwriting guidance helps children learn to write stroke-by-stroke on mess-free, no ink LeapFrog® Learning Paper. Plus Leap Reader helps develop listening comprehension skills on-the-go with a growing library of 100+ audio books and more featuring classic and popular children’s books that encourage a love of reading.
- LeapReader™ Book: Learn to Write Letters with Mr Pencil– Join Dot, Dash and Mr. Pencil on a musical learning adventure featuring interactive stroke guidance, exciting sound effects and engaging activities. Practice writing the alphabet with the LeapReader, and learn about upper- and lowercase letters and letter sounds.
- LeapReader™ 3D Book: Disney•Pixar Monsters University– LeapReader brings the story of Monsters University to life with exciting 3D effects and helps build reading comprehension and vocabulary skills! (3D glasses included.)
- LeapReader™/Tag™ Interactive Talking Words Factory Flash Cards– This Early Reading flash card set helps develop core phonics skills by letting children actively play with word sounds and recognize how they come together to create words . Mix and match letters to build more than 100 words featuring short vowel sounds. More than 400 interactive responses and 5 spelling, rhyming and singing games reinforce word-building fun.
- Two LeapReader Sampler Books
LeapReader is the complete learn-to-read-and-write solution. LeapReader engages kids in imaginative stories with lively character voices while building vocabulary skills and growing reading comprehension skills. Interactive handwriting guidance helps children learn to write on special mess-free paper. Plus, LeapReader helps develop listening comprehension skills with audio books. To learn more, visit www.leapfrog.com/leapreader.
The new LeapReader Reading and Writing System (MSRP $49.99) is geared for ages 4 to 8. Using the LeapReader, kids will sound out words and read sentences, learn to write letters with interactive guidance, and listen to audio books, music and more. And it’s so convenient to have on the go! It also includes a USB rechargeable battery, is available in green and pink, and a sampler book and four apps are included with the purchase (a $20 value).