What began as a religious feast day has now evolved into a global holiday celebrating Irish culture with festivals, parades, special foods, music and dancing, and a lot of green.
Whether you’ll be eating corned beef and cabbage or wearing green so you don’t get pinched, we’ve come up with a list of twelve different activities and crafts for kids of all ages to help you celebrate!
- St. Patrick’s Day Footprint Art – Turn your child’s footprint into a pot of gold, a leprechaun, or a four leaf clover!
- Cupcake Liner Shamrock – This St. Patrick’s Day craft is super kid friendly for children of all ages.
- Whimsical Rainbow Shaker Wand for St. Patrick’s Day – What kid doesn’t love rainbows and pots of gold? Make these rainbow shaker wands with your kids and shake them while you have an Irish dance party!
- Leprechaun Craft With a Fork Beard – This fun art project for kids uses a fork dipped in paint to create the leprechaun’s beard!
- Mosaic Paper Shamrocks – This fun craft features the traditional symbol of St. Patrick’s Day, the shamrock.
- St. Patrick’s Day Calming Bottle – Kids (and adults) of ANY age will love this St. Patty’s Day-inspired calming bottle!
- Leprechaun Hat Craft – Break out the craft sticks, paint, and glue to make an easy and fun leprechaun hat craft that is perfect for home or school.
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Man – An easy, fun, and super inexpensive craft for St. Patrick’s Day. Add accessories and other features to give your shamrock man personality!
- Fruit Loop Marshmallow Rainbows – This edible activity is great for developing fine motor skills, and is super easy to make. Kids will love eating their creations afterwards!
- Paper Plate Rainbow Pot O’ Gold – This simple and inexpensive craft is super cute and festive!
- St. Patrick’s Day Slime – St Patrick’s Day slime is a fun activity and doubles as a science project and sensory play all in one!
- Beaded Shamrocks – You only need two items for this activity, but your children will get to work on creativity, fine motor skills, patterns, and more.
Share your favorite St. Patrick’s Day craft or activity with us! We are always looking for something new and exciting to add to our list!