With the holidays behind us, I’ve emerged from my Christmas-movie-binge-watching, hot cocoa-and-cookies-eating stupor and am fully immersed in the coziness of hunkering down for winter, which for me means homemade bread and soup season. While there are dozens of soup varieties out there, here are a few go-to recipes for a cozy soup season.
- Creamy Zuppa Toscana – This hugely popular and easy Zuppa Toscana soup recipe is made with sausage, potatoes, kale, bacon and cream. It’s always a crowd pleaser!
- Butternut Squash Soup – Served piping hot with a hunk of crusty bread, this creamy, nourishing butternut squash soup recipe is comfort food at its best.
- Vegetable Soup – It’s healthy, it’s comforting and 1,000 times better than what you’ll get in a can! Full of flavor and so easy to make you can’t go wrong with a big warm bowl of vegetable soup.
- Pumpkin Soup – This is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! It’s thick, creamy, and irresistible, a classic easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin.
- Italian Wedding Soup – This classic Italian Wedding Soup recipe has juicy meatballs in a flavorful broth with spinach and pasta! It’s easy to make on the stove top, Crock Pot, or the Instant Pot!
- Easy Tomato Soup – This Creamy Tomato Soup is easy, comforting, and has a rich flavor profile.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – This easy chicken and rice soup is perfect for a cold day and makes a great weeknight meal.
- Texas Chili – If you love chili but aren’t a fan of beans, this Texas chili recipe is perfect for you!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – This comforting chicken tortilla soup with shredded chicken, black beans, and corn is quick to make, full of flavor, and very filling! Garnish with chopped fresh avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, crushed tortilla chips, and green onion.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – Canned cream of mushroom soup can’t compare to this homemade version. It’s rich, creamy, and deeply savory.
- Grated Pasta Chicken Soup – Cozy up to a bowl of this easy chicken soup filled with fresh homemade egg noodles. Rounded out with some veg and shredded rotisserie chicken, it’s a perfect freezer-friendly make-ahead weeknight dinner.
- Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumpling Soup – This rich homemade chicken dumpling soup recip is sure to hit the spot when you’re craving something hearty, warm, and comforting.
What are your favorite soups to eat and make? Share them with us!