Mamanista! » Pregnancy, Scrapbooking » Pregnancy Scrapbooking: Preserve Your Ultrasound

Pregnancy Scrapbooking: Preserve Your Ultrasound

I know that it’s possible to fall in love at first sight because that’s what I felt during my first pre-natal ultrasound. It’s hard to describe how amazing it is to see your baby on that screen moving around, sucking a thumb, etc. Maybe this is the hormones talking, but I felt such a powerful attachment at that moment.

During the early stages of pregnancy, I was so worried about miscarriage that I didn’t allow myself to celebrate or get excited. Until my ultrasound, my pregnancy didn’t feel truly “real.”

I want to preserve that memory for posterity in a pregnancy scrapbook. The first thing I did was scan the paper printout of the ultrasound pictures. The paper isn’t acid free. Plus, the ink used will fade eventually, so it’s a good idea to make a digital copy. I then printed the photo on acid-free paper. If you don’t have a photo printer, you could use a service like Snapfish or Shutterfly.

Next, I selected my scrapbook paper and stickers. One of my favorite scrapbook stores is A Cherry On Top, Scrapbook Shoppe. I purchased several items for the ultrasound page there.

My first purchase was the “Mom To Be $0.65” Paper by Karen Foster. This paper is 12×12, which is my preferred scrapbooking album size. I liked the color and the cute, modern graphics.

I will use a gray cardstock to mat the ultrasound photo. This will coordinate with the paper and match the color-scheme of the ultrasound.

Karen Foster also sells coordinating maternity stickers with titles like “Ultrasound” and “I Heard My Baby’s Heartbeat.” On the “Mom to Be” product page, you can see a sample page using this paper and those stickers.

In addition to the Karen Foster stickers, I purchased “The Doctor A Touch Of Jolee’s $1.99” stickers. There is even an ultrasound machine sticker! I probably won’t use all of these stickers on the ultrasound page since I’m planning to do another page on all my doctor’s appointments and general health during my pregnancy.

For less than three dollars, I was able to preserve my ultrasound memories for posterity. I’m also not a particularly gifted artist, but- by using the right products- I was able to create an adorable scrapbook page that I’ll treasure for years to come.

Filed under: Pregnancy, Scrapbooking

12 Responses to "Pregnancy Scrapbooking: Preserve Your Ultrasound"

1. Lisa Taron (The Pet Book Lady) says:

What a wonderful idea!!!!
    I have lots of customers that have created baby storybooks, but we forget about the ultrasounds pics. I’ll have to remind them.

Lisa

2. Jen G (Scrapbooking Addict) says:

Great idea! I’m so glad you made another copy of your ultrasound. So many of us are so caught up in the moments we want to remember that we forget to take the proper care in recording them. I know your family will be able to treasure your album for many years to come. Thank you for the inspiration!

Jen :)

3. Patricia Mandeville says:

Does anyone have copies of what they have done with the ultrasound pics. I am the grandmother and I am makiong a scrap book of the images. Since my daughter has entrusted me with the pics, I don’t want to mess them up.

4. Man time to start digging for my kids ultra sound pictures. This is a great idea – not sure why I didn’t think of it back them :)

5. Millie Wood says:

Scrapbooking was one of my hobbies when i was in high school and college. it was quite fun.:~”

6. Jay Hunt says:

my daughter loves to do some scrapbooking and she is good at that*’,

7. my daughter have been doing some scrapbooking stuffs over the years and she really likes it *”`

8. I appreciate you taking the time to speak about them with people.

9. my free ipad says:

Hello there, You’ve performed a great job. I’ll certainly digg it and in my opinion recommend to my buddies. I’m certain they’ll be benefited from this web site.

10. Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for first-time blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.

11. whoah this weblog is grest i love studying your posts.
    Keep up the good work! You already know, lots of people are
    hunting aroubd for this info, you could help them greatly.

Check out my sitge :: nitroglycerin