Summer is coming to a close, and we’re all getting ready for the kids to head back to school. If you’re anything like us, you probably vow every year to be more organized and put together, to send the kids with a homemade lunch every day, and to stay on top of homework and projects – but all of that is easier said than done. To help lighten the load a little, we have put together a list of back to school lunch ideas that are easy, delicious, and will add variety to your kiddos’ lunches.
- Ham and Cheese Lunchbox Muffins – these muffins will be the envy of the cafeteria, and they’re a delicious way to use up leftover mac and cheese!
- Avocado and Hummus Quesadillas – Paired with mixed berries and pretzels this is incredibly delicious and so much fun.
- Pizza Pancakes – Who wouldn’t love these?! Perfect for kids who don’t care for sandwiches!
- Vegan Burritos with Black Beans, Rice, and Avocado – The best thing about burritos is that you can really fill them with anything.
- Fruity Chicken Balls – These are great finger food for kids of all ages, a perfect healthy choice for lunch boxes!
- Vegan Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwiches – Mashed chickpeas, piles of veggies, and a mayo free creamy base make this vegan mashed chickpea salad sandwich the perfect all in one recipe!
- Monster Sandwiches – If you’re going to pack a sandwich, be silly and fun with these cute monsters, and score points for creativity!
- Orzo Pasta Fried Rice – Simple to make, chock full of veggies, and vegetarian to boot, this recipe is guaranteed to make school lunch something your littles look forward to.
- Taco Pop Tarts – A savory, lunchbox-friendly twist on a beloved childhood treat!
- Mini Pumpkin Pancakes Lunchbox – These homemade Mini Pumpkin Pancakes are so light, fluffy, and a great way to use canned pumpkin! Plus they are the perfect size to pack into the lunchbox!
- Barbecue Chicken Cups – Super easy to make, and they make a great sandwich alternative!
- Chicken and Cornbread Waffle Sliders – Use store-bought chicken strips to save even more time for these fun lunch box favorites!
What are some of your favorite lunchbox recipes? Share them with us!