As the weather gets colder and the kids can’t spend as much time outside, you may be looking for ways to occupy them indoors — without having them staring at screens all day. We’ve got ten screen free indoor activities for kids of all different ages for you to check out!
- Hammering Tees into a Box — Put golf tees to good use by hammering tees into a box – it’s a classic toddler busy play activity!
- Egg Towers — Here’s a simple egg stacking game that provides a way to work on fine motor skills through play!
- Ping Pong Playdough Straw Maze — Here’s a great activity for building oral motor skills, fine motor skills and a fantastic STEAM building activity for older kids.
- Toddler Car Wash — All you really need for this activity is a plastic bin, soap and water, and your pick of plastic cars for washing.
- Kitchen Whisk Sensory Activity — This Kitchen Whisk Baby Fine Motor Skills Sensory Activity is a fun way for babies or toddlers to practice fine motor hand coordination.
- Make a Ball Maze — Turn a cardboard box into a fun ball maze! This is a great hand-eye coordination game for kids, as well as an awesome boredom buster since you probably have all these materials on hand.
- Dirt Play Dough — This dirt play dough recipe is perfect for construction themed sensory play!
- DIY Zipper Board — A simple, fun and educational way to help little ones learn to dress themselves.
- Balls, Bells, a Basket and a Box — A simple way for kids to learn through play!
- Pool Noodle Stringing — Just cut up some pool noodles into one-inch sections and put them into a ziptop bag along with a piece of thick string or rope for an easy busy bag.
How do you keep your kids busy during the indoor months?