I recently saw a meme that said something along the lines of, “As a mom, you can never buy the right amount of produce. Either everyone suddenly loves grapes and eats them in one afternoon, or the bananas that everyone liked last week sit on the counter and rot.” Not word for word, but you get the idea. In our house, bananas seem to have one day when they are perfect for eating, and then we wake up the next morning and they are past their prime. I try to throw them in the freezer for smoothies or make banana bread, but there are so many more options. If you have the same struggle, here are 12 things to make with overripe bananas.
- Banana Bread Cookies – These banana bread cookies are moist, naturally sweet, and only call for 6 ingredients – yay!
- Healthy 5-Ingredient Flourless Banana Bread – Just 5 ingredients to make this healthy loaf of banana bread that’s moist, oaty and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- Easy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – These cookies have the soft and chewy texture of a classic oatmeal cookie, but have a subtle sweet flavor from the mashed banana.
- Vegan Bananadoodles – This dairy free spin on classic snickerdoodles is easy and delicious!
- Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins – These muffins are perfectly light and moist, loaded with banana flavor, and bake up beautifully each time.
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars – These oatmeal bars are delicious and sure to be a family favorite.
- Chocolate Banana Muffins – These muffins are very easy to make, soft, chocolaty and full of flavor.
- Banana Pancakes – There is nothing more comforting than a fresh batch of Banana Pancakes in the morning.
- Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream – Make healthy banana ice cream with just two ingredients!
- Banana Pudding – Served warm or cold, this banana-infused custard is a new way to use up those ripe bananas on the kitchen table.
- Healthy Banana Pumpkin Cookies – This AIP, paleo, vegan and no sugar added recipe makes soft and chewy cookies with a sweet spiced flavor.
- No Bake Banana Bread Bites – Get a natural energy boost with these clean eating No Bake Banana Bread Bites!
What is your favorite way to use up overripe bananas? The possibilities are endless!