This holiday season, if you are looking for ideas for gifts that your recipients will actually enjoy, gifts that don’t simply create more clutter that will have to be dealt with in the new year – or be re-gifted the next year – look no further. We have created a list of clutter-free gift ideas that are useful and will be appreciated by your friends and family this year.
Consumable gifts are those that are useful and can be used up, making them the perfect gifts for those who don’t have “more clutter” on their wish list. These are all completely customizable to your loved ones’ likes and preferences, and can be as simple or as extravagant as you’d like.
- Snack basket – grab a cute basket and gather your loved one’s favorite snacks, drinks and candy. Finish it up with some festive tissue paper and/or cellophane with a ribbon and give a gift that will make your friends and family feel known and seen.
- Movie night – microwave popcorn, movie theater candy, a cozy blanket, and some hot cocoa or apple cider drink mixes make for a cute and thoughtful DIY movie theater night. A portable projector, movie tickets, or gift card is a great addition, too.
- Coffee lover gift – A nice bag of coffee beans, flavored syrups, a cute coffee mug or travel mug, and any other fancy coffee-making accessories your recipient may enjoy make for a delicious, thoughtful, and caffeinated gift.
- Art supplies – Is there an artist in your life? Find out which mediums they enjoy, and purchase a nice set. Pair with brushes, pencils, or any other appropriate art supplies for a gift that can be put to good use and just might inspire your loved one’s next masterpiece.
- Baking or cooking kit – A few kitchen essentials along with ingredients for a recipe on a handwritten recipe card is a meaningful and useful gift.
Experience gifts not only don’t create any clutter at all, but they can give the gift of creating amazing memories that last a lifetime. This type of gift can be given to an entire family, a couple, or an individual and can be completely tailored to the recipient’s interests.
- Cooking class, art class, pottery class, etc. – If there is a skill you know your loved one would like to learn, purchasing a few classes can be an amazing gift that could spark a new lifelong hobby.
- Amusement park, museum, aquarium, water park, or zoo tickets – These are especially great for families who love to adventure together. You could even include hotel
- Movie or theater tickets – Tickets to a movie theater or local theater that can be redeemed at any time for a show/play/movie of the recipient’s choice are a great idea for a couple, individual, or family.
- Restaurant gift card – A gift card to their favorite restaurant or coffee shop is a clutter-free gift everyone appreciates.
Which clutter-free ideas will you be gifting this year? Comment to add your ideas to this list!