Need some fresh ideas for things to bring to all of the cookouts, backyard parties, and barbecues this summer? Look no further! Everyone loves a good summer salad made with fresh ingredients, and the ones on this list are sure to be a hit at your next outdoor meal.
- Chicken-Avocado Caprese Salad – To make this salad, we stuck with the simplicity of a Caprese, just adding grilled balsamic chicken, creamy avocado, and a little romaine for crunch. The result is a simple salad that is still refreshing and light, but also satisfying enough to be dinner all summer long.
- Fresh Peach Salad – Here’s a top summer salad recipe to make each season: Fresh Peach Salad! This one is a standout, pairing juicy ripe peaches with a sweet balsamic vinaigrette, punches of creamy goat cheese and nutty toasted almonds. Add pops of sweet corn and savory red onion slivers and it’s a total treat!
- Carrot and Chickpea Salad – Toss chickpeas and carrots with a deliciously unusual combination of smoked paprika, cumin, and cilantro.
- Tomato Avocado Salad – The name pretty much says it all. Just layer the slices of tomato and avocado (with onions) on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, squeeze some lemon juice, and finish with salt with cracked black pepper. It’s ultra fresh with no tossing involved.
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – This Mexican corn salad recipe (esquites) takes the flavors of elote—fresh sweet corn, lime juice, cotija cheese, and a mayo-based chipotle crema—and turns them into a beautiful summer salad.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – This strawberry summer salad accessorizes with just about every meal, and tastes incredible. It starts with a tangy and lightly sweet strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (yum!), then spinach, strawberries, and thin sliced red onion. Top it off with a few crunchies: chopped pecans and a bit of salty feta, and you’ve got one extremely delicious side salad. We like it with pizza, with salmon, with pasta: ok it goes with just about everything!
- Cucumber Radish Salad – The pops of lemon juice, fresh dill, and punchy green onions really zhuzh up your typical cucumber salad.
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint – This easy summer watermelon salad is ideal for eating outside under the warm sun. Watermelon and mint add plenty of refreshing flavor, while briny olives and feta offer the perfect counterpoint.
- Broccoli Salad – This cold, crunchy broccoli salad—studded with crisp bacon, diced red onion and chewy raisins, then tossed in a creamy homemade dressing—is what all of your summer party dreams are made of.
Do you have a favorite cookout recipe for summer events? Share it with us!