Perhaps you are expecting a new baby and looking for freezer meals you can make and prepare ahead to have on hand during the sleep-deprived first few weeks after birth, or you have a friend or family member with a new baby and are looking for ideas for food to take them to support them during this time. Whatever the case, we have compiled a list of nutritious, comforting, and nourishing postpartum foods for new mothers to support healing.
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – These egg muffins are a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. They freeze really well and can be reheated for a quick breakfast.
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes – Freezing a big batch of healthy pancakes for your postpartum meal prep is a super smart idea. This recipes is gluten free + dairy free and made with oats – perfect for a high quality breast milk supply.
- Freezer to Oven Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – These freeze individually making them a great grab and go lunch, or even a snack.
- Super Simple Slow Cooker Fall Apart Roast Beef – A really simple meal to make as a freezer meal! Slow cooking roasts helps to release glycine an essential nutrient for healing after childbirth.
- Shrimp Stir Fry Freezer Pack – Everything you need to make an easy stir fry all in one pack. This is a great 10 minute meal perfect for those nights where you have no energy to cook and realize you forgot to start the slow cooker.
- Coconut Lime Chicken – The chicken breasts are marinated in coconut milk, making them great for boosting milk supply for breastfeeding moms.
- Instant Pot Dal Recipe – Instant Pot Dal is a quick, easy and delicious meatless dish that is full of aromatic spices. A perfect flavorful, freezable, and satisfying meal for postpartum recovery.
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup – A hearty and delicious meal that is great to prep for 4th trimester recovery.
- Lactation Smoothie Freezer Packs – Smoothies are a delicious and healthy snack for new moms. Make a bunch of these smoothie packs to have on hand for easy snacking. Just add your favorite nut milk and blend.
What are your favorite comfort meals? Share them with us!