For many of you, your kids are returning to school, and their seemingly voracious after-school appetites have returned, too. If you feel like your kids are eating you out of house and home each day when they get home from school, check out these ideas for after school snacks that are nourishing and filling to help you stave off hunger until dinner.
- Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars – These delicious Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars are the perfect breakfast or snack recipe! They take 10 minutes to make, are no-bake, and are great for taking on-the-go. Made with rolled oats, almond butter, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, and cinnamon!
- Chocolate Covered Apple Slices 6 Ways – Your kids will love getting hands-on at snack time making these Chocolate Covered Apple Slices! There’s 6 ways to make them with fun & tasty toppings.
- Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Ups – These healthy roll-ups with peanut butter and bananas make eating lunch fun! Kids will love the bite-sized version of this sandwich. Try sunflower seed butter as an allergy-friendly alternative.
- Fluffy & Filling Pumpkin Protein Muffins – These Pumpkin Protein Muffins are easy to make, fluffy, delicious and packed with protein from lentils and eggs! The perfect healthy breakfast or snack that is kid-approved.
- 5-Minute Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites – These healthy peanut butter energy bites are loaded with nutritious ingredients like flaxseed, chia and oats for the perfect no bake snack.
- Homemade Granola Bars – This recipe makes chewy granola bars that hold together, rather than the loose cereal-style granola.
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins – Made with mashed bananas, blueberries, plant-based protein, and no added sugar, these protein muffins are light, fluffy, and so good.
- Healthy Avocado Pudding – This healthy chocolate avocado pudding will make you an after-school hero. I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat healthy pudding as an after-school snack?
- Peanut Butter and Apple-Cinnamon Topped Toast – This peanut butter and apple-cinnamon topped toast is sure to satisfy for breakfast or a snack.