This year, I chose to decorate our home for the holidays with as many handmade, old fashioned, and vintage decorations as possible. Our home feels so cozy with a combination of DIY decor my family and I have made together, ornaments from my own childhood, and vintage crochet stockings hung on the mantle. Not only do these create that homey, old fashioned family Christmas feeling, but I’ve had so much fun creating popcorn garland, dried oranges paired with wooden beads hung everywhere I can hang them, and paper bag snowflakes. I’ve put together a list of DIY old fashioned handmade Christmas decorations, so if you’re looking to create your own holiday haven this year, look no further.
- Easy and Fun Paper Bag Snowflakes from Lunch Sacks – These are way more simple to make than I expected, and are extremely budget-friendly, too!
- DIY Dried Orange Garland Made with Fragrant Botanicals – This dried orange garland project made with bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks are easy to create and makes a beautiful statement in your fall, holiday, and winter decor.
- How to Make a Popcorn Garland for a Homespun Touch on Your Christmas Tree – This time-honored decoration is low-cost, simple to make, and spruces up any Christmas tree.
- Rosemary Christmas DIY – This is a simple, natural, and pleasantly fragrant touch to any home this holiday season.
- Easy Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments – Making homemade Cinnamon Ornaments is an easy and fun holiday activity for kids. Their aroma lasts long after the holidays are over.
- Christmas Simmer Pot – This one isn’t exactly a decoration, but it will make your house smell amazing.
- Christmas Twig Stars – This is so simple and easy to make, but will forever be the rustic ornament that feels like an old fashioned Christmas to me!